BOAT REMOVAL/DISPOSAL – PRIVATE PARTY
Do you have a boat you’ve fallen out of love with?
Your boat is…
Taking up space in your garage, alley or yard? In someone else’s space?
Becoming a “junk boat,” a nuisance to neighbors, your family, and your peace of mind?
Is the continued expense of boat ownership, projects and repairs just too much?
You loved your boat
But now you’ve got to dispose of it
If you are a harbor/marina manager or represent a municipality or large organization, you’ll find more appropriate information on our Boat Demolition & Disposal page »
We Can Help:
Boat Removal & Disposal
We provide boat removal and boat disposal near San Diego, or anywhere in Southern California, for reasonable prices (30ft power boat for $4,000 or so as a rough estimate). We are the preferred service provider for San Diego PD, and routinely assist conscientious boat owners looking for a way to do the right thing with their problem boat.
We can provide Death with Dignity
(for your boat)
And the relief that comes with removing this boat problem from your life.
Make sure you first Try…
Selling it very cheap or giving away your boat:
- Craigslist is a free community online classifieds ad service, and often an excellent place to make your junk boat another person’s treasure. More here »
- Boat Trader – typically used for regular, full-price boat listings, but can work for some low price problem boats. More here »
- Facebook Marketplace – If you have a Facebook account, this can be an excellent tool. More here »
- Offer Up is an excellent website to find a new home for your junk boat. More here »
Give away your boat to a local charity, community workshop, or kids’ club. This typically results in a nice tax deduction for you.
- Make a Wish is more set up to handle car donations, but they do accept boats as well. More here »
- Boats for Veterans is a non-profit ready to take your boat, running or not. More here »
- Boats with Causes also accepts boat donations to assist local community charities. More here »
In any of these cases, make this a legal sale with transfer of title if applicable, bill of sale, etc. – Once you give away your boat, you don’t want to be tied to it in any way if the next party chooses to use or dispose of the boat improperly.
If these options for boat disposal aren’t working…
Take it to the dump yourself?
- Call to make sure they can take it, and can transfer it with a crane or similar. You’ll likely want to keep the trailer to sell it separately, which can offset your boat disposal costs.
- You must first decommission your junk boat, which includes removing all fuels, oils, toxic cleaning supplies, batteries. Essentially making your boat as inert as possible before disposal.
If you can’t make any of the above methods work for you, contact us and we’ll be happy to help. Click the blue button and fill out the form, or contact Leland by phone to get an estimate for your junk boat disposal: (800) 660-8132.